The word polio has long burned images into the collective psyche. In fact, 63 years after the polio vaccine was released (in 1955) when asked, “What pops into your head when you hear the word polio?” – the vast majority still say: paralysis, kids with braces. FDR, March of Dimes, or iron lung machines.
The truth about polio infections and the polio vaccine are rarely discussed. What if it is very different than the story you’ve been told?
In this presentation, you will learn:
- Polioviruses are gastrointestinal viruses, not neurological viruses
- The six presentations of polio infections
- Why the majority of polio infections caused few symptoms
- Why the infections that resulted in paralysis were exceedingly rare
- Those who experienced acute flaccid paralysis could recover
- Why polio is NOT a synonym for paralysis
- Paralyzed limps are blamed on polio when there may be another cause for the deformities
- An historical perspective on the use of iron lung machines, including the true number that were in use in use at the peak of the polio “outbreaks”
- The ingredients in the injectable Salk polio vaccine
- The story of science hero, Dr. Betty Eddy, her quest to halt the release of live viruses in the polio vaccines and her work exposing the vaccine contamination with SV40 viruses
- The truth about the Fraumani “Landmark” study (1963)and how this study impacts vaccine research done to day
- The overlooked association between DDT, pesticides and acute flaccid paralysis