Objectives The pharmaceutical industry and lobbying firms have long pushed for more money from the US government, but it began in earnest after the events of Sept 11, 2001, better known as 911. Fears about the possibility of bioterrorism attacks with smallpox and even anthrax, funneled billions of tax dollars into the manufacture, distribution and plans for mass vaccination programs, [1 Video, Length: 19 min, Downloadable Material, Access to Forums] In this module you will learn:
- How the passage of Project BioShield in 2003 created a funnel for billions of dollars to continually be shunted into creating vaccines for “boogey-man events”
- How the PREP Act gave complete liability protection to vaccine and drug manufacturers for rushed-to-market products, even if these products are determined to have deadly outcomes.
- How Division E, nefarious protection for Pharma, was added at the 11th hour to a defense appropriations bill. These provisions remain in effect to this very day.
- The federal bills that have been passed to support vaccines and vaccination.
- As of 2018, the exemptions laws that are in place, and those that are in jeopardy.